Are you tired of hunting for your dream job for years but having no luck? Hmm! What can be the reason behind these constant rejections? Have you thought about it? No? Well, let us get to the bottom of this issue, shall we?
Might it be your lack of skills? No, you have years of experience on your hands now. What about your qualifications, then? Nope! You are qualified enough for the job. What else can it be? Think, think!
Oh, the issue might be with your CV. What else can it be? We do not blame you for this. Many candidates just fill out a paper with their life history and call it their CV. Ha!
But worry not! We will make you land your dream job by spilling some secrets related to improving your CV in no time.
So, are you ready? Read below for these expert CV writing tips and tricks to impress your HR within 3 seconds! (Because this is how much time they invest in gauging your CV)!
6 Resume Writing Tips To Put An End To Your Job-Hunting
Keep It Concise And Sweet
Your CV must not extend more than two pages. We get it: you want to convey your entire life story to your hiring manager to show them why you need this job. But so do the other hundreds of applicants! Whoops!
Now, imagine you are forced to read the life histories of hundreds of candidates in a limited time and select only a handful. Sounds daunting, right? So, what these HRs do is that they do not even bother to read your life-long efforts for more than 3 seconds. What?
Therefore, there is no point in writing so many pages about yourself. Instead, the key is to keep things concise yet gripping. Make your CV so interesting that your recruiters glance at it and immediately call you in for an interview. To do this, you must stay punchy and straight to the point.
- Here Is A Quick Tip For You – Save some details for a face-to-face meeting. And, if you cannot make your application concise, it is better to hire any online resume writing services Canada.
Do Not Send The Same CV Twice
Fine, fine. It might be a bit of an exaggeration. However, we strongly suggest you take some time to tailor your CV for every role you apply. You must conduct proper research for every company to determine what skills they are looking for. Doing so will impress your hiring managers, and eventually, it will increase your chances of landing a job. Believe us, this little effort will make you go a long way.
- Here Is A Quick Tip For You – Show off your qualifications and skills per the job position requirements you are applying for.
Fill In The Gaps
Being between jobs is not a fly in the ointment; you simply have to put an optimistic spin on it. Come on, now! Everyone has gaps in their CV, and people cover it in 2 ways. Either they try to cover it up and look shady, or they boldly confront this matter. You must do the same. But how will you spin on it when you know nothing about it?
That is what we are here for, silly! If you have gaps in your application, there is nothing to worry about. Leaving gaps and hoping your recruiter won’t observe them won’t do you any good. Instead, you must talk positively about what you did during that time.
- Here Is A Quick Tip For You – Mention any fundraising, volunteering, courses, or team sports you did in your gap period. Shout only about the positivity.
Be Crystal Clear About Why You Are The Best Fit
There is no harm in blowing your own trumpet now, is there? Nuh-uh! Make your recruiter know why you are the perfect fit for the role. To do so, you must make it crystal clear on your application that you are highly dedicated to the role. Feel free to include advanced study in your academic history, along with relevant extracurricular activities.
Moreover, keep in focus the selection criteria listed in the job description. Due to this action, you can tailor your application to fit the job position efficiently.
- Here Is A Quick Tip For You – Highlighting experiences that are irrelevant to your dream job will only waste your and your recruiter’s time. So, refrain from mentioning anything irrelevant to your job.
Check, Check And Check Again
Make sure that you only submit the best of the best pieces of your application to your recruiter. You will have to put in a lot of effort to get your resume where you want it to be. Do not think twice about double-checking your application for any mistake. It is completely normal to commit mistakes while crafting this critical document. However, the key is to catch yours before sending it to your hiring manager.
- Here Is A Quick Tip For You – Read every word to make it right. Ask your parents and friends to read it for you. Moreover, you can also seek help from any online resume writing services Toronto to write or proofread your application.
Never Lie In Your Application
Lying in your resume is a major no-no. You do not want to make your first day at your new job your last day! When you lie on your resume, you set up certain expectations. If you cannot meet those expectations, everyone will surely know that you lied in your CV to get the job. And who would want to work with an unprofessional person who is also a liar? Think about it!
Don’t have enough skills? You will learn with time. Don’t have a proper degree for the job? You will get there. But don’t lie about anything. Imagine if you lied about your skills on your CV, and your recruiter asks you a technical question regarding that skill. How will you answer that question? It will only add to your embarrassment. Yikes!
- Here Is A Quick Tip For You – The best thing you can do for yourself is to be honest in your application.
How to write a perfect CV to land my dream job?
There are a lot of ways by which you can write a perfect CV. Some of them are:
- Write a header with the correct contact information.
- Create a mesmerising professional summary.
- Detail your academic history.
- Provide your work experience.
- List your relevant skills.
- Include additional sections.
- Describe your interests and hobbies.
Do most people get their dream job?
Most employed people believe that finding their dream jobs is on the cards. However, only 4 out of 10 people say they already have their dream job.
What is a dream career?
A dream career is a job that suits an individual’s talents, passions, and goals the best. You can also find a job that suits every aspect of your personality by exploring your skills, interests, values, etc., to determine what inspires you.
What are the major steps in choosing a career?
The major steps in choosing a career are:
- Be optimistic.
- Start by determining what you like to do.
- Get the required training and education in the career of your choice.
- Carry out a SWOT analysis.
- Conduct a thorough market research.
- Carry your skills with experience.
- Choose the prospective fields and industry for work.
Summing It All Up!
We are sure that by reading the information above, you are all set to write a compelling CV for yourself. So, start right now! By incorporating these tips in your application, you will land your dream job quickly! Phew! Finally, it is a relief from that back-breaking job-hunting process.